Your First Visit
If you are new to Physiomoves, welcome! And thank you for trusting us to help you "move your body better".
What to Expect:
Physiotherapy appointments are usually 30 - 45 minutes long, which includes at least 30 minutes of dedicated one-on-one treatment from your physiotherapist. If this is your very first visit, please arrive at least 10 minutes early to fill out any necessary paperwork and to orient yourself to our clinic. At this first session, your therapist will conduct a thorough assessment prior to treatment. Your therapist will ask you about your relevant medical history, medications, test results (X-rays, CT scans etc), current symptoms and what makes your injury feel better or worse. Having this information already prepared before you arrive is helpful. Your therapist will then do a physical assessment and biomechanical tests to assess your movement and problem areas. Once the cause of your pain and dysfunction has been determined, your therapist will discuss the findings and collaborate with you to start an effective treatment plan. The length and frequency of follow-up visits depends on your injury, and can be discussed with your Physiotherapist at any time. Communication with your Physician and/or health care team will be done following visits as needed.
What to Bring:
- Please bring your BC care card and any other pertinent information such as your claim number & name of adjustor (if you have a WorkSafe BC or ICBC claim number); your Blue Cross card (if you are RCMP only)
- A Doctor’s referral if you have one. Most private and MSP patients do not require a Dr’s referral but check with your extended health company if a referral is required for Physiotherapy or Massage therapy treatment. WCB, ICBC, DVA and RCMP all need referrals for massage therapy; only WCB and DVA require referrals for Physiotherapy
- Any results or reports from tests or other specialists if possible
- Clothing that you can move in and is appropriate for your injury (e.g. bring shorts if you have a knee injury). If you forget, we do have some shorts and gowns to loan out. Women, please wear a sports bra if it’s a shoulder injury or a regular bra if it is a back injury so your spine can be seen properly
- Footwear that may be contributing to symptoms and/or orthotics that you are currently using for support
Cancellation and No Show Policy:
Please be courteous and provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or re-schedule an appointment so that we may fill your spot with someone on the wait list. If less than 24 hours notice is given, there is a $35 fee for the missed appointment.
Parking is free but at peak times it can be challenging to find a spot at our Panorama location, so please allow plenty of time to get here and find parking. Thank you in advance!