MPT (Master of Physical Therapy), BSc Hons (Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology)
Jeff holds a Master of Physical Therapy from the University of British Columbia and a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with Honours from the University of Victoria. He is currently pursuing his Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy, and Diploma of Sports Physiotherapy. Jeff has also completed additional training in Concussion Rehabilitation, Functional Movement Screening, Manual Therapy, and holds a Sport First Responder certificate.
Jeff grew up in Surrey playing, refereeing and coaching: Baseball, Box Lacrosse, Field Lacrosse, and Hockey. His strong exercise background and active lifestyle guided him into the physiotherapy profession. Jeff has been involved in elite levels of Hockey Training for the past 5 years. He has a keen interest in Concussion Rehabilitation and Nutrition, providing seminars to local sports teams on injury prevention with a focus on keeping athletes healthy on and off the field. Jeff has a strong research background and continuously looks for new advances in Physiotherapy to incorporate into his practice, since he strongly believes in treatment using evidence-based therapy.
Jeff is available for 1:1 Physiotherapy appointments at our new South Surrey (Ocean Park) location Monday – Friday afternoons.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Kinesiology, UVic (2012)
- Master of Physical Therapy, UBC (2014)
- Student Representative on the Board of Directors for the College of Physical Therapy (2012-2014)
- Canadian Institute of Health Research: Health Professional Student Research Award (May, 2011)
- Undergraduate Honours Thesis: Feasibility of using the Nintendo Wii as a Source of Physical Activity and Functional Movements in Children Diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy (May, 2012)
- Master’s Systematic Review: Comparison of Active and Passive Strategies to Improve Cardiovascular Patient’s Adherence to Exercise Treatment (Sept, 2014)
- Baseball, Hiking, Lacrosse, Hockey, Running, Tennis, Yoga, Wakeboarding, and Weightlifting