MPT (Master of Physical Therapy), B.A.
Jessica Deglau is a former Canadian National Team swimmer and 2 time Olympian who joined our amazing team of Physiotherapists in 2011. Jessica achieved both her Master of Physical Therapy degree and her Bachelor of Arts at UBC while competing as an elite athlete. Jessica continues to pursue higher education such as Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Levels (Level 2 completed, Level 3 Upper Body successfully completed). She has taken courses such as Building the Optimal Back from Rehabilitation to Performance (Dr. Stuart McGill) and Stott Pilates Training (Matwork & Reformer) courses. She is a Clinical Pilates Instructor and often incorporates pilates in to her exercise treatment plan with her clients.
Jessica works well with all age groups and all levels of sport/recreation, but she understands the demands of being an elite athlete and overcoming injuries firsthand. She was a member of the National Swim Team from 1995-2003 and competed at the 1996 & 2000 Olympic Games. In 2002, Jessica was awarded both the UBC Academic All Canadian & UBC Athlete of the year. She was a Sport BC & Sport Canada Junior Athlete of the Year and is a Swim BC Hall of Fame Inductee.
Jessica is a skilled Physiotherapist and puts all her clients at ease with her positive attitude and friendly demeanor. When she's not working, Jessica enjoys running, playing soccer, road biking, skiing, yoga, and weight training. She is a perfect fit at our new South Surrey (Ocean Park) location and is booking clients on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Bachelor of Arts: Double major in Psychology & Speech Science, UBC (2005)
- Master of Physical Therapy, UBC (2011)
- Stott Pilates Training – Rehabilitation Stream:
- RMR1: Spinal, Pelvic, & Scapular Stabilization – Matwork & Reformer (2011)
- RMR2: Peripheral Joint Stabilization – Matwork & Reformer (2011)
- Orthopaedic Manual Therapy:
- Level 1 (2011)
- Level 2 – Upper & Lower Extremity (2013)
- Assistant swim coach at Vancouver Pacific Swim Club (2003-2006)
- Personal trainer for Canadian Paralympic swimmer (2004)
- Member of Canadian National Swim Team (1995-2003)
- Competed at the 1996 & 2000 Olympic Games
- UBC Academic All Canadian & UBC Athlete of the year (2002)
- Sport BC (1998) & Sport Canada (1997) Junior Athlete of the Year
- Swim BC Hall of Fame Inductee (2008)
- UBC Athletics Hall of Fame Inductee (2013)
- Running, road biking, skiing, yoga, weight training... plus anything outdoors!